Monday, October 20, 2008

Now Wear This! Plaid and Gingham Tops


Yes, ladies, grunge has returned for Fall 2008, but this time even glamour girls are getting in on the action. All of a sudden, edgy fashionistas everywhere are mad for plaid; most often, pairing a plaid or gingham button up with leggings or skinny jeans. This look has totally become standard attire for the season, so why not add a lil tartan into your rotation? These days, you can find plaid dresses, skirts, shoes and even bags, but the purchase of a plaid top is the easiest way to stay fabulously on trend without looking like you're on your way to a Scottish wedding.

Whether you're a grunge goddess or a poised professional, this is a look that can work with your wardrobe. Here are a bunch of choices, from high to low:
















Levi's Long Sleeve Western Flannel $58 (pink in-store, blue online)













Go on, girls, get your grunge on!

Source

4 cupcakes had this to say:

princessdominique said...

I like plaid but in order not to look boyish it has to be something girly about it like the ruffled one.

Dee said...

Hooray, now I can finally wear all my plaid shirts and skirts I kept around from the 90's...LOL.

TravelDiva said...

Timely. I just saw a fabulous plaid coat I'm interested in. Although, I have to say, I was distracted by the sick purse mary kate was carrying in that first trio of photos...

Jess said...

omg, this trend is taking over! but i love it! you know what...i just bought a really cute shirt like the elizabeth & james one from the flea market every sunday on melrose for $5!!! they also have hot items like this in goodwill, you just have to search a bit!

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!