Friday, March 14, 2008

Vogue or Sports Illustrated?


What's really going on with the cover of April's Vogue? I get that it's the "Shape Issue" and they are pairing models with athletes, but hello? LeBron James looks damn good in a suit. We can see him looking like this every night on the basketball court. This pic also does not play up Gisele's supreme hotness. I don't get it. Why pair the green dress with the red font? So many questions...I need answers, Anna Wintour!
adfas
Some people aren't feeling it for even deeper reasons, saying that it perpetuates the stereotype of a lily white Jane hanging on to a wild black Tarzan. Interesting indeed.
adfca
It definitely has people talking. Thoughts?

3 cupcakes had this to say:

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

ditto the tarzan /jane thing
ditto the red vs. green
ditto the WTF is up with not having lebron in a suit
YUK! ME NO LIKEY!!! that whole, mouth open, slouchy clothes thing is NOT cute. and personally, gisele lookes like she ran into that frame and he is dragging her or something. just a big ol' heap of no-thank-you!

Edirin said...

the cover is a mess, we all know what he does, he should have had on a suit or somthing..its a mess...

we could have done without giselle

TravelDiva said...

I so agree on the tarzan/jane thing--especially since he appears to be growling or yelling "aaaaa aaaaa aaaaa aaaaa" (that's the only way I know how to type the tarzan growl. LOL).

Someone else posted some other shots that were more high fashion and would have been more appropriate for the cover of vogue.

boo to vogue!

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!