Monday, September 29, 2008

Loss of a Legend: Paul Newman

Sadness. Legendary actor, humanitarian and cat daddy, Paul Newman, lost his battle with cancer over the weekend at age 83. I'm devastated. Somewhere between "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," Newman's Own salad dressings and lemonade, and his devotion to liberal politics, I fell madly, deeply in love with Mr. Newman.

Let's take a walk down memory lane...




















Rest in peace, darling! The world is a lot less hot without you.


Pictures lovingly swaggerjacked from across the internets

3 cupcakes had this to say:

Mese said...

Girl, he indeed was an ORIGINAL! FINE TOO!

We share the same birthday and I was always so proud to tell folks, that Paul and I were born on 01/26!

I still have Ellen!

May he rest in Peace!

The F_Uitlist said...

He was the epitome of a fine white man! When I heard he died I was crushed.

Rest in Peace dear Paul.

Anonymous said...

it's hard not to admire Paul Newman for putting his money to work in such productive ways, such as his Newman's Own line--high quality stuff and the proceeds go to good causes... very smart.

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!