Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Victoria Beckham Collection S/S '09

Did you hear? Our favorite Spice beesh, Vicki B., didn't just debut a new do during New York Fashion Week, but a dress collection as well! I know, it's really not surprising...she's already launched dVb denim and sunglasses, and her hit UK fragrance will soon be available in the US. Yet and still, I was practically panting in anticipation of what Miss V would come up with.


For Posh, "This has been a lifetime in the making." She's also not interested in making the It dress. "I don't want to make dresses that will date. I've always been about clever buying." Each sheath comes with smart details like a rose-gold back zipper ("so you don't have to dive into it and mess your hair and makeup") and a removable grosgrain ribbon lining the waist ("for posture").

............I'm sorry I think I nodded off somewhere between black dress number 3 and 10. I'm into the sophisticated cut of her designs but must every last one have the exact same uber-fitted silhouette? And there's only one print and one pop of color in a sea of black and white. You say classic, I say snore and bore, honey. It's almost as if she designed with only herself in mind...what about the everyday woman, Vicki? Oh who am I kidding. The dresses will range from $1,500 to $3,600; they are very clearly not meant for the everyday woman.

What say you about the line?

Source

2 cupcakes had this to say:

Fashion Guru said...

you are right....nothing pops from her collection. i kept scrolling down to be suprised but nope same ish all along...i was bored she gets an a for effort though

The F_Uitlist said...

At first I was like ooh yes, I like this. but then they all look the same. I can't see every women wearing this fitted style all the time.

So I give a high C on this line. It's pretty, classic but only for certain people.

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!