Love long luscious lashes? Thought so! The newest bestest way to highlight those pretty brown eyes is with eyelash extensions. I must admit I have become slightly obsessed with them. My best work friend got them recently in preparation for a trip to Vegas (along with the necessary blond highlights, acrylics and spray tan) and they are absolutely stunning! Even though hers are super long, dark and curled, they still look so much more natural than falsies. Plus, they make mascara and lash curlers completely unnecessary. Anything that saves me a step in the morning gets an A+ in my style book.
So how does it work? At your appointment, a lash pro glues individual lashes made of a silk-and-synthetic blend to the top lash line using tweezers. Because they are glued and customized to your own natural lashes, applications take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours and will grow out in four to six weeks. A somewhat costly commitment, I've seen them priced from $100 all the way to $350 for full extensions (with touch ups ranging from $50 to $100).
What can I say, dolls, it's the price of beauty. Try them out for a special occasion, or just because you can. After all, every day is another opportunity to shine. A quick Google search should turn up a lash pro in your area. Go on now, don't be afraid to lash out!
Source
Photo by Alban Christ |
3 cupcakes had this to say:
Well, once you start you will never want to stop! They are sooooo addictive. I've been getting them regularly since I got my first set as a B-day gift from my fiance when I turned 29 last year!!! My mom gets them too...we went from getting the eyelash extensions to getting the individuals done with the same type of long lasting glue due for economic reasons. We had no idea that we would want to have them all the time. My mom had radiation for treatment of breast cancer in 97 and her eyelashes (which were kinda average and short before) never grew back in thick they were left kinda sparse.
So with the price of gas at what it is we must still maintain our diva tendencies so we get it done that way at a fraction of the cost and they last about as long! Mileage may vary with that technique based on the skill level of the stylist applying them and the strength of the glue being used. Plus for the individual method the length and thickness must be considered when placing them so that they look as natural as lash extensions. It really is an artform.
One more thing, ain't nothing new under the sun, I learned from an elderly woman in my family that women used to get the extension method done back in the 30's and 40's. I was amazed! Then I remembered that I had an interest in getting these done when I lived in Atlanta in the early 00's (how is that said, and will it be the 10's the next decade) and was referred to a beautician that styled the late Coretta Scott King!! At that time I was too awestruck to follow up on it, plus I think I wasn't nearly sophisticated and seasoned enough to truly pull it off, like I do now!
If any one gets them done on the East coast USA, who do you go too? I want to get a really top knotch application for my wedding day!
OMG!!! Did somone tell you I have been obsessing over lashes? I have been researching and planning on getting some in a couple of weeks with the hopes of allergy season ending. I don't want my lashes all up on my cheek!
Mese, you broke it down girl! 29 is a great age for these I must say :)
And Tarneka you are a mess! If you know of a good salon in Chicago, get back to the group!
Post a Comment