I'm all for a dramatic, colorful, scene stealing hat but really, SJP, this is just ridiculous.
That being said, I'd totally wear it. UPDATE via People: What was premier milliner [So it's not so useless after all! - Elle] Philip Treacy thinking when he designed that love-it-or-hate-it hat Sarah Jessica Parker wore to Monday night’s world premier of Sex and the City: The Movie? “Well, his mother kept chickens and geese, so he loves feathers and manipulating feathers,” Treacy’s spokeswoman Nina Farnell-Watson explains to PEOPLE. Treacy was approached last week about making the hat — not, says Farnell-Watson, by film stylist Patricia Field but “by someone else.” He received photos of her Alexander McQueen dress and then met with the actress at her London hotel Sunday for about an hour. She tried on some different hat shapes and “found the one she loved,” says Farnell-Watson. Treacy then worked for two days straight and “very late into the night” trimming it with peacock feathers he got from McQueen. (They’re the same plumage used to trim her dress.) Parker — who had no idea what Treacy was planning — first saw the finished hat about two hours before the premiere. “Quite brave of her,” notes Farnell-Watson. “It’s the most beautiful crazy hat and it’s so great that she wore a hat to a British premiere. The hat is such a quintessentially English idea, but it was done in such a Carrie Bradshaw way.” And yes, Parker gets to keep it. |
Monday, May 12, 2008
Over the top much?
Lovingly posted by
Elle
at
3:15 PM
Luxe Labels: Sarah Jessica Parker, Seriously?, Sex and the City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 cupcakes had this to say:
LOL. I didn't see the hat at first. I was thinking, I like the dress. She looks like a contestant in the church hat contest on Everybody Hates Chris.
Yes you would rock da hell out of that peacocktrocity! And of course you would look way more fabulous than SJP...and then at the end of the night, I would pluck e'r single last one of those feathers off da top of your head and use the yamakule that is left for a coaster. And of course you wouldn't mind cuz you could never wear that ish again.
And with all that said, I loves it too! I mean, it's Carrie! That hat has "hey lover" and "how u doin?" written all over it!
Post a Comment