Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fashion Faceoff
















asdfasd
asfdsaf

Celebrity stylist June Ambrose was spotted backstage at Rip the Runway in a sequined frock from the Tracy Reese 2008 collection and Twiggy wore a similarly layered look by Stella McCartney at the Elle Style Awards.
asdfadsf
I'm not a huge fan of either look, but these pictures did get me thinking. The idea of layering a short summery tank dress over a long sleeved top is a cool way to get the most out of your wardrobe, especially in that awkward period in-between seasons. Your safest best to try this out at home is to pair the solid-colored tank dress that was your summer staple over a thin, long-sleeved black tee with black opaque tights. You could even up the ante by piling on a blazer and cinching it all together with a belt.
asdfa
Take a few hours to play around in your closet and experiment with layering, you could end up doubling your wardrobe!
asdfa
Oh and I'd love to know, who wore it better?
asdfad
afaewf

6 cupcakes had this to say:

Edirin said...

they both look a hot mess, but i had to pick who looked the less of a mess, it will have to be the other lady, not twiggy

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

june...only because she actually looked more vibrant in her face, smile and pose. twiggy looks like she's been beaten with a wet pillow

F.U. said...

I'm not appreciating either one of these ensembles. Twiggy looks like a ragamuffin who is late for dance class. So I guess I'll have to say June. She just zugshed it better. With her shoes, her face, her hair....she looks like she had purpose for her look.

TravelDiva said...

They look equally bad.

Anonymous said...

I think June Ambrose looks better, the look makes Twiggy's legs look too twiggy (bad pun I know)I don't think it's the best look for her body shape. I like this idea very much and I've already been wearing this kind of style on cooler days. (We're in summer right now)

CHA CHA said...

Ima roll with Twiggy..BUT, if they lost the undershirt we might have sumthin!

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!