Wednesday, April 2, 2008

BK Fashion Weekend: Street Style

My red carpet moment

Besides the excitement of the runway shows, the gratis cocktails, and the networking, the very best part of attending events like this is the people watching. I love being inspired, intrigued or even entertained by the style choices of others. Here are some people that, for better or for worse, caught my eye...
Too-cute Claire from The Fashion Bomb looked well appointed in her cream fur collared coat, scarf and clutch.

This gentleman looked quite dapper. I loved how he deftly mixed patterns and included subtle splashes of color.



I was totally charmed by this look. The classic civility of his tie, vest and blazer combo was the perfect compliment to a casual pair of jeans.


Miss Trinidad sparkled in satin cobalt blue ruffles.


Makeup artist, Jocelyn B. Miner made a Spring statement in an orange dress with sheer panels and matching scarf.


I loved the use of color and accessories in this group...they really stood out.



The good folks at Dutch Lab USA caught up with Lizzie Grubman, Young and Tailor Made from I Love NY...




...and spotted models Clara and Stacey McKenzie working the camera.


This man-bag was fashioned out of metal and wire...definitely wearable art.
Makeup artist, Ewan Walker, looked warm but very cool in a knit cap, sunglasses, Louis bag and sherling lined boots.

Photographer Daniel Perry was seriously suited up...his best accessory? The super thick frames.

I loved this lil lady's zest for life in head to toe winter white.



The funkiest of 80's style glasses...so throwback!


PETA...we have a problem.

Images: my digital cam and Dutch Lab USA

Thanks Adia!

8 cupcakes had this to say:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

WendyB said...

I love that orange dress. LOL @ your PETA caption.

Monika said...

no call out for PETA, they are such hypocrits.
you belong to the red carpet girl!!^^ How does it feel being in the flashlight?

Elle said...

Thx chili-luv! I gotta tell you I'm loving life right now!

The F_Uitlist said...

LOL @ that PetAtrocity! BK fashion week looks like its too much Fun!

Dee said...

Ok, you really are hob-knobbing with all the celebs! Look at you!

Congrats for being so involved in something you are so passionate about; not many have that opportunity in life.

Oh, and Tailor made is a cutey...he's punk, but a cutey just the same. And LOL at Lizzy Grubman..didn't she mow down someone a while back?

CHA CHA said...

LOL @ that PetAtrocity!

ROFLMAO

Edirin said...

u looks gorgeous girl and the woman at the end,lol

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!