Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A. Keys is Fresh-faced for Dove

Has anyone else been watching Alicia Keys in that "Fresh Takes" micro-series on MTV? I'm quite sure you have, since each three minute ep shares a coveted time slot with everyone's guilty pleasure, The Hills. So in case you were powdering your nose, on last night's episode, lil Lizzie was feeling all insecure about her body (as usual), so she decided to try out yoga to get that model perfect body she’s always wanted. Of course, she just ended up in a knot on the floor instead.

This is something I can totally relate to. I am on the constant search for new and exciting ways to torture myself aka lose weight. And I was really feeling Lizzie's pain because my latest greatest idea is Bikram yoga. Yes, hot yoga people. I have a friend who swears by it. All I know is that you do yoga in a room that's heated to 100 plus degrees. Profuse sweat and unnatural flexibility ensues. I'm not all that into yoga, but I do like steam rooms so I think that counts for something.

My first class is on Saturday! Has anyone tried it? Will I survive (you know I'm delicate)? Will I sweat buckets and lose pounds? And most importantly, what about my hair?

You can check out full episodes of "Fresh Takes" at http://www.dovegofresh.com/ and every Monday during the Hills on MTV!

3 cupcakes had this to say:

Genuine Lustre said...

I guess we're having similar brainwaves. I'm starting a session of Astanga yoga this week.

The F_Uitlist said...

YEAH I can be the expert on this one. I'm 6 years (I even went two days before I gave birth) into my practice and I love it.

First Elle: Bikram is an intense workout! Its really hot so make sure to have loads of water and I would eat a really good meal that day but not to close to class time. Yes you will lose weight because your body will be flushed of the toxins. and the more you go the better and faster you increase your flexibility.

As for the hair sorry doll! You are going to have to really wrap it up and down and all ways to the side, and you may still need a good blow out. My sister just started going and she can't seem to keep her perm laid to the side because of the heat.

Only con to the whole thing is the carpeted room, YUCK! just make sure you stay on your mat and keep a towel for poses where you have be face down like childs pose.

@Polly Astanga is what I practice and it has kept me in great shape. Again thru pregnancy and I bounced right back into my size 2 jeans within two weeks of having my darling son (Eff a lamaze class). I think its a longer process of losing weight but strength building in standing poses increased for me after one or two classes.

Ooh I'm so excited for both of you. Just use the class as a time to focus on your ability and breathing and never worry about anyone else and you will get so much out of it.

Elle I'm going to have toshout you out at my place about YOGA!

Elle said...

Thank you! That was really helpful...I'll let you know how it goes!

Shop Women's Shoes at Heels.com. Free Shipping!